General

Welcome to MyGet’s UserVoice forum! We encourage you to leave some feedback about missing features, stuff you wish for us to include in MyGet, …

1. Support snupkg symbol packages (and pushing them to nuget.org)

Nuget.Org now supports .snupkg packages for portable PDBs, replacing the old symbols.nupkg format.

https://blog.nuget.org/20181116/Improved-debugging-experience-with-the-NuGet-org-symbol-server-and-snupkg.html

Additionaly, since we use myget for staging prerelease packages, it would be great if pushing to an upstream source also pushed the symbol package, if present.

164 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add support for Credential Provider extension for Visual Studio 2019

Right now, we can use it for VS 2017, but VS 2019 does not seem to be available. Since we have a private NuGet feed, this will prevent us from upgrading.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support gem distribution

I like the fact that there is now support for npm and bower packages as well. Adding support for Ruby gems would even be more awesome. Are there any plans for this?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow package mirroring from other MyGet feed

It would be convenient if we could mirror packages from one MyGet feed in another. Currently it appears that only nuget.org can be configured as an upstream source.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change notification when VSTS/TFS build artifact package is picked up

MyGet can pick up packages from build artifacts in a VSTS/TFS build.

Currently we can only ask for a message in a VSTS/TFS team room when this has happened.

Team Rooms are deprecated and will be remove soon. http://blog.myget.org/post/2014/05/12/Announcing-Visual-Studio-Online-integration.aspx#scenario1

Woul be great to be able to get notification in Slack, Microsoft Teams, any endpoint really (Azure Functions?).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Use OAuth, so you don't need my GitHub credentials

Currently you require users to enter their GitHub password. For privacy reasons you should use OAuth instead.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support for Visual Studio for Mac

Visual Studio for Mac currently supports private Sources on Nuget Management, but myget login is not working.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enterprise wide feeds is not available in filter list

On an enterprise subscription you can create feeds that are "Enterprise visible", but in the feed overview you have "All" (where you see your feeds), Public, Gallery, Community and Private.

Please add a filter option "Enterprise"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Packages are not seen in Packages

When i deploy packages from AppVeyor, I can see in activity stream messages that these packages are added but I cannot find them in Packages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support PHP Composer

Currently https://packagist.org/ is the main Composer repository. It aggregates public PHP packages installable with Composer.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Remove feeds that have been deleted

I deleted a feed thinking I would be able to re-create it and found out instead I can still see it and mess with settings but no longer visible on my profile. The repo in question is called wolfcurses.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fix OpenID sign-in

When I click the Sign in with OpenID button, which used to work, I now see just a blank page. Could you please fix this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Keep up the good work

Wow! I needed an extremely light way to build nuget packages from my own personal source control on an as-needed basis, for personal projects. I was up and running with MyGet in 5 minutes. I'm pretty impressed. Great job.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Document how to use Python 2.x in a build

The documentation for the MyGet build services says that "Python (2 and 3)" is available on the machine. Could you document how to access Python 2.x?

It looks like the only Python on the path is "C:\Python34" (which makes sense).

Is Python 2.x installed with the Python 3.4 redist? And I just need to shell out to python27.exe? Is there an environment variable I can set to get Python 2.x behavior? etc.

Feel free to update the documentation to say "we only support Python 3" if accessing Python 2 isn't possible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Useless information in Build Log

While looking at a failed build, the following snippet shows some useless information;

2016-01-13 17:48:13 [Information] Filtering packages generated by the current build...
    2016-01-13 17:48:13 [Information] Filtered out MyGet.Wonka.Core.Build.Steps.PushNuGetPackagesStep+PackageFileInfo
    2016-01-13 17:48:13 [Information] Filtered out MyGet.Wonka.Core.Build.Steps.PushNuGetPackagesStep+PackageFileInfo

I assume that "MyGet.Wonka.Core.Build.Steps.PushNuGetPackagesStep+PackageFileInfo" is the default implementation of the PackageFileInfo's ToString() method? And the fix would be to either override that method, or output the PackageFileInfo.Name property or some such.

Regardless, knowing the specific package file that got filtered out (file path) would be very useful!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support ".proj" files for custom CI builds

If I understand the Build settings, custom build targets are only supported if they are .sln, .csproj, .vbproj, or maybe .fsproj. For those of us who are using generic MSBuild (.proj) files, it is it possible to support those too?

I'm not an expert, but I think everything should "just work". i.e. I renamed my .proj file to .csproj and was able to successfully build from your system.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Build fails because package publication takes 30+ minutes

Hello,

I'm trying to host a development NuGet feed for all of Google's public APIs, which is currently 141 separate NuGet packages. I've been able to successfully build+publish using MyGet. However the most recent build failed because of an apparent 30-minute limit.

Is it possible to get whitelisted for the 30-minute cap on package publishing? The rest of our build is pretty quick (under 10 minutes).

This is the relevant part of the build log:

2016-01-27 19:30:04 [Information] Finished running D:\temp\353e4ab\MyGet.ps1.
    2016-01-27 19:30:04 [Information] Found 22 restored packages.
    2016-01-27 19:30:07 [Information] Finished running build.bat, build.cmd or build.ps1.
    2016-01-27 19:30:07 [Information]…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Keep me signed in when I log into the website

I keep logging into the website, but invariably when I go back to myget.org the homepage has a big signin button. Is it possible to stay logged in? If it helps, I'm not signing in via OpenID, and instead manually entering my username (chrsmith) and password.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Finer grained "age" values

When the "age" of the package is less than one day, report the value in hours and minutes. The reason I ask is not so much because it matters in terms of using the package shown. CI systems might be publishing on very regular intervals. I'm waiting for a package now to hit myGet. If a CI system is loading them regularly (e.g., every 24 or 48 hours or something), I can work out from the age when I should check back on the next CI cycle to get the next package I'm waiting for. It might not work out…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add package - upload file - allow drop multiple

Under the Add package > Uploaded package, there are currently 5 file inputs. Which means you can only upload 5 at a time, and also that you have to select 5 files one by one manually.

I would love the be able to drop dozens of files in there at once and have them all uploaded.

Something like http://www.plupload.com/ can help with that (I use this myself)

We are moving from an internal nuget server to MyGet and have around 600 packages in all their versions. I can't know which one I need to upload and which ones aren't used…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories