I suggest you ...

API access to functionality

It would be great to have an API to automate certain tasks on MyGet!

32 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminMyGet (Admin, MyGet - Package management made easier) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pinning packages is very tedius and is something that could be automated via calls from a continuous integration server (i.e. TeamCity) if an API was available

• Michael Ketting commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Admin
        That's great advice, thank you for pointing me to it. I'll admit, I never thought to look for this under "Package Retention" on the docu site.

• AdminMyGet (Admin, MyGet - Package management made easier) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Michael Ketting, try the following for removing NuGet packages:

Try:

nuget delete $PackageName $PackageVersion $ApiKey -Source https://www.myget.org/F/feedname/api/v2/package?hardDelete=true

Alternatively, you can simply submit an HTTP DELETE request to the following endpoint:

DELETE /F/feedname/api/v2/Package/$PackageName/$PackageVersion?hardDelete=true HTTP/1.1
        Host: www.myget.org
        X-NuGet-ApiKey: your-api-key
        Cache-Control: no-cache

• Michael Ketting commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would need the option for deleting packages. Up to 6-12 months ago, I was able to just send a DELETE REST request on the delete-url in the UI but the server is employing XSRF protection and other changes and my REST calls no longer work.

Using delete via NuGet is not an option since I want to delete the packages, not unlist them.

The reason, in case you're wondering, is to preserve space in the storage quotas.

• James Newton-King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1

I'd like to automate adding feed privileges for a private feed. I have users that log into another website and I'd like for them to automatically be granted a privilege.

• daniel hegner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like an API to be able to automate pushing packages upstream.
        This would make it possible to create a very nice Continuous Delivery pipeline where packages that has gone through various QA steps can automatically be promoted from a build repository to a production repository.

Feedback and Knowledge Base